This past weekend I had the huge privilege of going back to visit with my South Texas Children's Home (STCH) kids and to help with a Disciple Now for the STCH teenagers. I didn't realize how much I have missed everyone! I really do feel like they are part of my family! I had a wonderful time with the teenagers all weekend! God even used me to help lead a girl to Christ! Her name is Shania (I called her Sha-nay-nay)! Please pray for her if you think about it...she needs a lot of discipleship and encouragement, so pray that she is surrounded with people that will lift her up and help her in the right direction.
As most of you know, the little boy (along with many other kids) that stole my heart this summer was O'dell. He's the little 2 year old with the curly hair wearing my sunglasses in that picture to the right! I had not seen him at all since the summer (so it had been about 6 months). I was bracing myself for the fact that since he was so young, he would not remember me. Much to my surprise, he did!! As soon as I saw him, he ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug I've ever gotten from him, and he said "Da-yee!!!" (which is how he says "Galilee"). It totally made my weekend...and week....and month..and probably my life. Haha. I love him so much and am so glad I got to hang out with him for a little while.
God has been being so wonderful to me (As usual). He has been giving me small jobs to help provide me with a little bit of money, he's allowed me to help other people due to my open schedule, and he has placed so many people in my life that are so encouraging about my job hunt! I know he has a job all lined up for me! I can't wait to hear about it :)
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."
Jeremiah 31:3
This made me smile and almost tear up.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad O'dell remembered you. Of course he would, he obviously adores you! (Omg I am going to start crying, its just too sweet.)
And I can't wait to hear about your job either! Its going to be epic I have a feeling.
Love you. Miss you. Hug you.