There's just something different about going back to visit after you've graduated. It's a weird feeling. I love that I didn't have to go to class, but...I definitely feel like I just don't belong anymore (because I don't I guess). I was a little sad to leave, but...it was kind of closure. Closure that I needed. Since I've been home I've been sad because I didn't feel like I was ready to graduate. This trip confirmed to me that my time at ETBU was fun, but it's definitely over, and I shouldn't be missing it too much. I miss the memories and friends I've made along the way of course, but...It confirmed to me that I was ready to graduate, and it's time to move on.
Here are some highlights of my trip:
1. Dinner with the fabulous Karlee Wilson. I really, really enjoyed seeing her and catching up. It's nice to talk to someone who is in the same boat as you...it was comforting, encouraging, and super good for my [lately sad] heart. I wish we had taken a picture together. So thankful to call Karlee my friend. Haven't laughed that much in a while :)
2. Lunch with Chelsi, Chelsi Pitts! So great to reminisce and enjoy each other's company. I hadn't spent time with her in a LONG time, and it was super fun! She was beyond encouraging to me.
3. I got to spend quite a bit of time with Alyssa!! Lyss was definitely my best friend in college, and every minute i get to spend with her makes me more thankful for her presence in my life. I'm thankful that I know I can always depend on her. She is going to be the best nurse ever :)
6. I got to be at etbu for tiger awards! Always entertaining! :)
3. I got to spend quite a bit of time with Alyssa!! Lyss was definitely my best friend in college, and every minute i get to spend with her makes me more thankful for her presence in my life. I'm thankful that I know I can always depend on her. She is going to be the best nurse ever :)
4. I got to see the boyfriend! Had a good time, as usual!! We even got some semi-cute pictures together! He can really make me laugh harder than almost anyone!
{praying for him and all his hard school work!}
5. I got to see my sister Glory a little bit! My family means the world to me...we're pretty much all besties, so...it's always a joy to get to see her :)
{love you, big sis}
6. I got to be at etbu for tiger awards! Always entertaining! :)
{let me tell you...i love this girl! so funny!}
{sfa girls came!}
{my head looks weird in this picture}
{but...i'm thankful for this boy! totes blessed by his friendship!}
{we became friends this night. hahah. so glad you were at dinner!}
Now...the trip home...by myself. Good news is that it went well! No flat tires this time :) I did take pictures of myself every hour (gotta have something to look forward to during an 8 hour trip!)
{well that was fun! Haha.}
{Btw...it's hard to take a picture of yourself holding up two hands...and driving...at night.}
It was sad to leave, but...i'm thankful to be back with my family. I was kinda/super depressed today and my sisters tried hard to get me to snap out of it and count my blessings. My life would be stupid without them. For real. I praise the Lord for them. I really really do. They are my number one fans [for some strange reason], and I love them so much!
{this is our most recent picture together!}
enjoying the journey,
gal

Hour Four- favorite.
ReplyDeleteLove you Gally. I am BEYOND thankful for our time at school together. My baby college experience wouldn't have been the same without you. For real. You blessed me so much and taught me so much. Your faith is beautiful. I am going to quit writing gushy things before I start crying. Love you.
And I love how you said your life would be stupid without your sisters. Truth.
Love you cutie pants. Miss you. Hug you. Kiss you. LOVE. YOU WORKING GIRL YOU. :):):):):)