Pretty much friday morning, I officially decided that i wanted to go to east texas to see my college bestie, Alyssa, perform for Miss ETBU and then I could just stay there until next Saturday, when I will judge Tiger Awards. Well, here's an update on how my trip went yesterday:
I planned on waking up at 6:45, and leaving by 8:00am saturday morning, but...i woke up at 8:30 and left at 9:45. Awesome.
I then decided that since i was already late i would go to sonic and order a Dr. Pepper....because it is definitely a necessity this early in the morning. Well, I ordered a Dr.Pepper with EASY ice, and the sweet woman brought me one with EXTRA ice. Perfect. Thanks.
So then I left....and all was pretty well (I mean, as well as it could have being about 6 1/2 hours in to an 8 hour trip!) and then...I heard a pop...then my car kinda jerked off the road (going about 70...plus about 3 or 4), and i pulled off to the shoulder to find my back left tire completely flat. Great.
So, I called caleb, my sister, my mom, my brother, my brother-in-law, and then....sat in my car. I was scared. All by myself. Around no one that I knew. And no idea what to do. I cried. It was sad and pitiful.
Then caleb called and said he called someone that he knew to come help me (at which time he informed me that the man coming to help me was a real nice, chubby man, so i felt better about life.) While I was waiting, two teenage boys stopped to try to help me...so nice. And then a rather manly woman in a hatchback stopped to help me. I kindly told her I had things under control. Haha. I'm sure she thought i was crazy....standing on the side of the road with a dress on, looking at my tire like i was completely clueless...
So finally, the nice man came. he was the best. Words cannot describe how thankful I was for him. It was so sweet of him to ditch whatever he was doing to come help a dumb girl. I prayed God's blessings upon that sweet man.
So...i got on the road with my baby spare tire (that looks like a bicycle wheel, btw) and went 50 mph for the next 100 miles. Do you realize how slow 50 is? I don't think you do. I almost lost my mind.
I finally got to my bestie's pageant 20 minutes late.... lookin a hot mess, hair up from sweating from the tire incident. But, I didn't miss anything of hers! And I got to see her win Miss Congeniality. Yay, Lyss!
When I started thinking about my day, I saw God's hand of provision in so many ways:
1. I was safe the entire time.
2. for some reason, i stopped to get gas earlier than i usually do, so I had plenty when I was stuck on the side of the road, so I got to leave my car on for a little longer so i didn't sweat to death.
3. One of my rear tires is the one that messed up... the sweet man that helped me said if it was one of my front ones that it would have been really bad.
4. I was on the side of the road close to someone that Caleb knew.... instead of in the middle of no where where we knew no one.
5. I was only about 2 hours away from ETBU, so I could make it on my spare tire. As opposed to being like 5 hours away, and all tire places being closed since it was Saturday.
6. The two cars that stopped to help me before sweet Andy weren't creepers. They were actually nice and I didn't get raped.
I'm very blessed and very thankful for my current situation. Here's to hoping the rest of my trip goes well! Pictures to come hopefully...
For you have been my help, and in the shadow
of your wings I will sing for joy.
Psalm 63:7
Love you precious. So glad you are okay! Also, so glad you put up a blog post!
ReplyDelete1. Your new layout is so cute!!!!
ReplyDelete2. I'm so glad you stopped to see God in your crazy day. God sighting!
3. Yay ETBU and besties!