Monday, May 30, 2011

22?

Today is my birthday. I have officially spent 22 years on earth. I'm thankful, don't get me wrong, but...I'm 22 now. If you didn't know, 22 is pretty old. From here on out, there's not really an exciting age. I mean, I might as well be 35. Ok, that's not true :)

A few years ago, If you would have asked me where I thought I would be at the age of 22, I don't think I would have said here. I thought for sure I would have my own place to live, a husband, a deeper relationship with Christ, and I probably wouldn't have said I would have dull short hair, and live in Alice. But...I do. And it's okay. I'm here for a reason. I don't have a husband for a reason. I don't work in a Christian environment for a reason. The reason's aren't always clear yet, but, I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be, and I am choosing to be thankful.  I'm too blessed not to be thankful.

Here's to another 22 years :) I'm sure when I'm 44 I'll be exactly where I picture myself  where God wants me.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAL! I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!!!
    I feel like you and I are experiencing some of the same thoughts, so this was such an encouragement to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful to have you in my life little Sissy! And even in Alice for a little while. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! The best is yet to come! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Birthday's aren't exactly as exciting in your twenties as they were in the earlier years.I understand the feeling-what happened to the balloons,grandparents, candles, bicycles? And when someone does put candles on my cake, I think "I'm too old for that!!" Hang in there, my twenties have been the hardest but most blessed years of all!

    ReplyDelete