Thursday, August 25, 2011

Miss Webb? Not sure!

I haven't blogged in FOR-EVER. This is due to what I believe is a pretty good reason--My life is boring and there is nothing interesting to share. Hah.

I feel like all I ever do is work, eat, and sleep. Major emphasis on that eat part. I'm starving as I type. SO hungry. I'm always hungry...extremely hungry! And due to this I am gaining weight...rapidly. I've gained around 15 pounds since I graduated in December. Yes, it's true ladies and gentlemen. 15 pounds....and I still can't stop eating! Hahah. Oh gosh. It's really not that funny at all actually. It's depressing. Alice, Texas really doesn't encourage me either, since people think I look pretty much like a celebrity down here..."tall" (compared to the average height in Alice of about 5'1") and blonde is a rarity! I need some pretty people to surround me so I'll be encouraged to shed this poundage! Speaking of that, I'm supposed to start Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" today with my sister, and I am praying that Dixie calls me any minute and cancels. Oh, let it be! Please!

Monday was my first official day as Miss Webb (We tried "Miss Galilee", but quickly realized that name was far too hard to pronounce!). I'm a pre-school teacher! Aaaaannnddd...it sounds way more fun than it is! Close your eyes for a minute and think about the worst scenario possible for the first day of pre-school (from a teacher's perspective).

Ok, now multiply that by 10 and voila! There was my day on Monday. Children were running everywhere (including out the front door..for real.), peeing their pants, crying because they wanted their mom and hated school, parents were calling like crazy, my co-workers were not helping me (the new, inexperienced teacher),  and I felt like the children were just staring at me like they didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I was using super simple terms! At 3:30 when I got to my car, I cried! I was/am overwhelmed! I'm not sure if it was the Lord just testing me to see if I trust him, or letting me know that I wasn't an education major for a reason! Whatever the case, Miss Webb is tired. Very tired. I want to crawl into my bed and stay there. *Cue the rain, the song "When it Rains" by Eli Young Band, and a grande iced coconut white mocha from Starbucks.*

I am thankful to have a job though. Aaannnd, my kids are pretty cute. I mean, they're super mean and they run all over the classroom even though I've told each of them individually that we walk inside, and they are constantly using their outside voices, but......they're cute, and I do love them. I really do. When I think about their lives at home and what they might be going through, I am encouraged to keep going. Random fact: All 20 of my children come from broken homes. Not one of them has parents that are married. And that is just one aspect...I have no idea what else might be going on. One thing they will know is that Miss Webb loves them! I don't know how long I'll be a teacher, but...hopefully when I get done the little stinkers will be walking around saying "yes ma'am" in their soft voices! Oh let it be, Jesus! :)

For now, I'm a pre-school teacher. I live with my parents. I'm tired. And I'm thankful.


Going to workout because Dixie didn't call,
Galilee :)

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you Miss Webb! Hang in there. Praying for you and your little ones.
    And I am glad you gained 15 pounds, caught up with me! :)

    ReplyDelete