Sunday, August 26, 2012

I. Am. Blessed.

Ask anyone who has been around me lately, and they will tell you....I am blessed! And I am not ashamed to let anyone know. The three little words "I Am Blessed" are the words that describe my life best. When someone asks me how I'm doing, I cannot think of anything more fitting than the word "blessed."
The Lord has poured his blessings out on me and I am so thankful. As Psalm 23 says, "My cup overflows."
My cup really does overflow, y'all!
Psalm 23 is beautiful.
Read it slowly. Love it.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures. 
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul. 
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
 you anoint my head with oil; 
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, 
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Reminds me of this Jon Foreman song that I love! 

 
Praise Jesus for who he is. Doesn't it just blow you mind how much he loves us and chooses to bless us?! I can't get over it.

Now, you  might be asking yourself..."Galilee, why are you feeling so blessed??" 
Oh gosh, I'm so glad you asked! Let me just give you a TINY glimpse into why I'm feeling this way.

Let's start with Africa! I went to Africa and got to love on lots of beautiful babies. I LOVED my time in Africa, and learned so much from the Lord, the sweet children, and from my group leaders and fellow team members! Africa made me so thankful and totally reversed several areas of my life. I'm just overwhelmed that the Lord chose to use me...he didn't have to.

{so thankful for Trish and so glad we got to experience this together!}




Another blessing is my job! For those of you who don't know, I got a new job! I'm a caseworker at the South Texas Children's Home Ministries, and I absolutely love my "job". I am so undeserving.
If you asked me what my dream job would be right now, I think I can honestly say that I'm doing it. 
And I think I will keep loving it. The Lord has given me a passion. These kids are my passion!
And I have my own office! Yeah, yeah, i'm moving up in the world! :)
{some of my girls! yes, this is my "job"}

{my office--before it is decorated!}

And the last reason I feel so blessed is:
I'M AN AUNT AGAIN!
Dixie had Jase! And he is so perfect! I am so in love with him, and so impressed with my sister! 

{I will never get over Jase! Or the twins! :)}


Now, let's be honest...these are just a few of the blessings in my life right now! If you want I can talk to you for hours about the rest of them :) 
God is just good. But, even when things aren't "good", we are still blessed. When you think about all of life, most of the things we get upset about are nothing.  

I am blessed. So are you.

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3


3 comments:

  1. This is SO good! Such a great reminder of how blessed we are! You are SUCH a great writer! Those pictures from Africa are priceless! I've been reading a book called Kisses From Katie, and it's about a teen girl who went to visit Africa, and ended up falling in love with everyone there, and now she lives there! It's really cool! You are SO beautiful... inside AND out, and I absolutely love reading your blog! Keep living for Christ, and you'll be blessed! Blessings, sweet, beautiful girl!

    Kisses,
    Isabelle <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Jessica, I just came across your blog from Sweetness Itself. Those kids on your trip to Africa were soo cute :) I'd love to be able to do something like that. Great blog! following

    www.buttonsnbows101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete