Sunday, September 13, 2009

Amazed by You

I spent the majority of my quiet time before the Lord in prayer and worship, just thanking Him for who He is. He is so amazing, and I am so in awe of all that He is and does. The Lord has been really speaking to me about not complaining, and I felt like He was leading me to spend time not asking for anything, but just praising Him. It was great. I also felt like this time of prayer and worship enabled me to be more open to what the Lord had to tell me for the rest of the day. It changed my whole attitude. It made me feel entirely at peace. I agree with Henri Nouwen on the idea that solitude is very important.

"Let praise flow from my lips, for you have taught me your decrees. Let my tongue sing about your word, for all your commands are right."
Psalm 119:171-172

No comments:

Post a Comment