Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Power of Christ's Love

God is Love. The only reason I can love anyone or anything is all because of the great love He has for me. He not only loves me, but loves every other person in the whole world and sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins! It would be very difficult not to love someone who made such a huge sacrifice for you. He loves us, and it is only because of this that we even know what love is!

His love for me also enables me to love myself. I'm still overwhelmed by the thought of Christ loving me so deeply. I'm so unworthy. Feeling the love He has for me makes me realize that I am important and special, which in turn makes me love myself...because Christ loves me.

God's love for me enables me to love others. Sometimes I can get the tendency to think that some people don't deserve to be loved or are too rude for me to love, but then I remember that Christ loves everyone, and that I should too. Because of Christ's love, I am able to love others. He reminds me that everyone is equal and everyone deserves love.

No comments:

Post a Comment