Thursday, September 17, 2009
Formless Prayer
I'm more likely to err on being too formless in my prayer life as opposed to too formal. Sometimes I feel like I just pray when I need something or when I'm very happy. I often forget to leave time in quiet meditation, actually listening for what God has to say. I have a hard time remembering that prayer is not only speaking, but listening as well. Unfortunately, at times I feel like I forget how holy and magnificent God is and just talk to Him like any other person. To help me with this, I am going to write on index cards "Take time to Listen" and "Speak with Reverence" and put them in my Bible and taped on my wall above where I usually pray. Index cards are a great reminder and seem to work well for me in other situations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment